Page Last Updated 1/7/2019
Please contact Sharon Burger at (812) 630-3257.
Following are the requirements, forms, and dates you need to know to prepare your sophomore child for Confirmation.
Confirmation Date: March 24, 2018, at the 10:30 am Mass.
To receive the Sacrament of Confirmation your child, in addition to already having been baptized:
- Must write a letter to the Bishop.
- Letters are collected at Holy Family and mailed to the Bishop as a group.
- Must regularly and consistently attend religious education classes at a Catholic parish for their freshmen and sophomores years of high school.
- Must attend three candidate-sponsor Confirmation preparation sessions in the winter of their sophomore year (dates below).
- A make up session will be scheduled if needed for a candidate who misses one of the sessions.
- Must complete a service project their sophomore year.
- We don't keep track of hours or require any paperwork for this requirement, but it is a requirement nonetheless.
- Must have attended the Confirmation Spectacular or a Bosco retreat as a freshmen or a sophomore.
- The Next Confirmation Spectacular is at Saint Joseph Church in Jasper, February 9, 2019. When sign ups are available, it will be linked here.
Anyone who does not meet these requirements will be required to schedule an interview with the Director prior to being approved for Confirmation. If your child cannot regularly and consistently attend religious education classes as a freshman and sophomore then contact the Director in advance as other arrangements can be made to satisfy this requirement. The Director of Religious Education is Joseph H Munning IV at email@example.com or 812-482-3076 ex 304. You can sign up for religious education at Holy Family parish here.
- Candidate Registration Form - Turn into Holy Family Parish Office or scan and email to the Director.
- Sponsor Registration Form - Turn into Holy Family Parish Office or scan and email to the Director.
- Confirmation Dress Code
- Confirmation Live Stream Guide - The Confirmation liturgy will be streamed live on our homepage for those friends and family who cannot attend in person.
- Letter to the Bishop - How to write it and submit it.
- Photography Order Form - Professional photos are available for purchase by Visions Memory Studio. You are welcome to turn in order forms to the director at the confirmation preparation sessions. We'd like the forms by March 3 if possible.