Christ Caring For People Through People
Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian, confidential care to people in our congregation and community who are experieicing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is ....
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting
- A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his or her caring gifts
- A lay person with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality, distinctively Christian care
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver for as long as there's a need
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
Stephen Ministers Care ....
We all experience challenges in life - times when we could benefit from care and support. Stephen Ministers can provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as: Ministry Needs A Stephen Minister Could Meet
Are you feeling exhausted from all the disruptions to life brought on by the pandemic? Are you, or someone you know, struggling with challenges like these causing Pandemic Fatigue? A Stephen Minister will meet with you privately - by phone, by video chat, or, if safely possible, in person - to offer care and support.
There is no need to struggle alone! Everyone needs different levels of care throughout their life. Having someone to care, to listen, and to share God's love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. Where do you currently fall on the Spectrum of Care?
God does not intend for you to struggle alone. Consider allowing a Stephen Minister to walk with you on your journey from brokenness to wholeness.
Videos of people sharing their experience of having a Stephen Minister ....
Stephen Ministry multiplies our Christian caregiving and outreach ....
Our Stephen Ministers work together with our pastor, Fr. John Boeglin, to reach more people with Christian care than pastors can reach by themselves.
Find out more about this caring ministry from the Stephen Ministry Brochure.
When you or someone you love are going through a difficult time, our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide Confidential, Distinctively Christian Care. Contact Robin O'Connor, Referrals Coordinator, at 812-630-9498 or Fr. John Boeglin at the parish office at 812-482-3076. All calls are strictly confidential.
"Encourage one another and build one another up." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Would you like to be part of a ministry that gives people care and support when they need it most, while making a difference in your own life? Find our more about becoming a Stephen Minister through this Stephen Minister Flyer, along with additonal information on the Blessings of Serving as a Stephen Minister. If you feel called to become a Stephen Minister, please contact the Program Coordinator, Gene Recker at 812-760-0814.
Ways you can support Holy Family's Stephen Ministry ....
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a compassionate person and a good listener, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
- Support Stephen Ministry with your financial gifts.